Meet Nibbles and Pip

21 March 2023

Yes, It's been a long time again...21 March 2023

There's a reason there's been no blog posting, besides me not having any creative mojo to get creating.  Sadly my father had been really ill. He went into hospital again in January for a week then came home. He was only home a week and had to go back.

One thing after another kept happening to my  poor daddy and in the end his body couldn't handle it any longer.  John Ellington Philip Hiscott left us on the night of 21st February 2023. His body had finally had enough. 

I made the long two day drive by myself up to be with him. My brother, niece & nephew rushed up as well.  We believe what the doctors said that the last sense to go is hearing because we were all in his room for hours. Including Miaa my niece's little 1yr old.  We think Dad was hanging on to see Miaa one last time.His only great grandchild.  Sadly he never woke up but we recon he heard us all because it was only hours after I finally left the hospital to get some much needed sleep when the doctors called us to say he'd passed on. 

Dad's funeral was held that Friday with just us immediate family there.  It's what he would have wanted. We managed to pull together some beautiful photos for a power point to one of his favourite songs.  As I was driving all the way up from country Victoria I kept hearing this beautiful song called How to I say Goodbye by Dean Lewis. I believe that was a message. I played it for my brother & sister who agreed we should have it during the funeral as well. 

We also had a bit of humour because what would it have been with out some.  Our father was always the happiest easy go lucky man.  He always made us laugh and smile so how fitting we should send him off to Always look on the Bright Side of Life by Eric Idol of Monty Python fame. 

We all went out for dinner that night to celebrate Dad's life and it was a long one of 89 years.  Though the last couple were spent mostly in hospital, his sense of humor never left him. We shall always miss you Daddy. I hate that I can't pick the phone up any more and hear your voice or pick you brains for cooking ideas. I have stored away in my mind and heart all the love and caring and advice you've given me and will always be grateful you were my Daddy, my JohnBoy! 

 
_________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!