Meet Nibbles and Pip

16 February 2021

Tutu Tuesday Tutorial revisited, 16th Feb, 2021!

 Welcome everyone

I'm taking a walk down memory lane again today. But first lets enjoy a lovely, pretty Tutu!  Like dancing flower petals!

 

So, I received some gifts over the weekend and have some tissue paper saved from the packaging.  What a good way to use tissue paper -make handmade flowers!!   I made this video back in mid 2018 and it's still relevant today.  Stampin' Up! have more dies these days that you could use too to cut out the petal layers.

Why not try this with Stitched Stars, In the Tropics or even Celebrate Sunflowers!  I'll  share photos at the bottom of this video of several made using a retired petal punch and a 2" circle punch. The bottom photos shows a flower made using a Stitched Star die AND I've repurposed the mango melody coloured tissue paper from a Paper Pumpkin kit as well!

In this video I've used a retired floral punch (which I will never part with). So if you have it too, why not give this a go.  Anyone still got some of the brown packaging paper our Stampin' Up! orders use to come packed in?  I've tons of it and it also makes fabulous handmade flowers!

I've made use of brads, re-inkers, rubbing alcohol, punches, paper piercer, spritzers amongst other things to create my handmade flowers!

Here are some created today using cream coloured tissue paper packaging.  One was made using a 2" circle punch and the other the retired petal flower punch I'd used in the video!




The flower on the right I have spritzed with Mango Melody reinker mixed with rubbing alcohol. Gave it a quick blast with my heat gun to dry it.  The one on the left I used a circle punch. There are 1.5". 2" & 2.5" available in the current annual catalogue. I have used the 2" punch.

This little decorated mint tin I made a few years ago uses brown paper and black tissue paper. I think the punch used was called Pansy Punch for the brown paper one.  I no longer own it but you get the picture on what can be created with floral punches & dies.  The black tissue little one is using a retired scalloped punch.  FYI that little tin is an Eclipse mint tin which I collected a few of. My hubby drilled holes in the lids so I could put ribbon through so they could be hung on Christmas Trees. I made a lot of this back in 2014!

 

And here is the flower made using one of the dies from the Stitched Stars die set.

Thanks for stopping by, and remember, til next time,

happy stamping, crafting, colouring & creating!

 


1 comment:

  1. I love the flowers Virginia. they are so creative and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!