Meet Nibbles and Pip

02 March 2018

UFO's, what are they? LOL not what you think :-)

Fabulous Fridays @ Five'o'Clock'ishHeaderJpeg

Welcome to another Fabulous Friday at 5pm


UFO's??  What on earth is Wirgie talking about then? 


In crafting circles we call items that have not been completed UFO's. That is "UnFinishedObjects".  Boy have I had a few gathering on the bomb site that has been my desk for a while now.  Time I sorted it.  It's hard working between 2 different areas.  I've got my colouring in supplies (pencils/Copics) in a nook in the dining room and that's great but I so would love everything all in the one spot.  Not happening in this little house that's for sure.  We love our little "Hampson's Hovel" but a crafter's delight it ain't ;-)  And see this photo here?  Nope I've changed it around yet again LOL.  That was taken September 2017 and yeah, nothing like this at all today and nope, not taking a photo at the moment, not til I whittle down the pile of UFO's.  You can see in this photo a small UFO pile to the bottom left, it's gone now and the current one?  Eeek, shameful Wirgie!

20170907_141552

I have had this 'pile' of bits starting yet again.  I looked this morning and thought look at all the bits there I could make some cards from.  Up to noon I'd made 3 cards and spent much time wondering will I keep this bit of card/patterned paper/image half coloured??   So three cards are made so far. But when I added them to the pile of cards I have made this year I was pleasantly surprised that I've not been in as a big of a crafting 'drought' as I thought.

OnMyDesk2ndMarch2018b

I'm also trying not to cut in to any new patterned paper until I've used up a lot of what I have.  That's not happening in a hurry and OMGoodness, someone slap me if I buy any more over the next few months.   I should have learned a lesson from the flood up in our office behind the garage last year.  I had a pile about 15" high that became a 15" thick lump of paper mache, totally nothing salvageable at all.  Shame I couldn't claim it on insurance because we didn't know for about 8 months and I'm still finding things up there that have to be ditch.  Remember those smelly/mouldy rubber stamp sets? Yeah some of those had to be binned, and you couldn't buy them again even if I tried.20170612_125739This was so heart breaking to see. I did salvage quite a few wood mount sets and turned them into clear mount. Thank goodness you can get SU clear mount cases because aggh, I had to chuck out the original cases and all, it all stunk and was not healthy at all.

OnMyDesk2ndMarch2018a

So what have I made this morning and over the last few months.  Here  you go.  That one of the bunch of hydrangea flowers is stamped in archival black and coloured with water colour pencils.  I've used some lovely patterned paper from a 6x6 pack out of SU's current Occasion's Catalogue (page 5) called Picture Perfect.  I've sponged the background of the stamped coloured image with Peekaboo Peach ink, edged with my trusty gold leafing pen and mounted all onto a basic black card stock base. I hand dyed the white seam binding with Lemon Lime Twist reinker mixed with rubbing alcohol. The sentiment came from a free stamp set from the Sale-a-bration brochure called Beautiful Peacock.

HydrangaCard1

An other card was created with some folded double side paper, inks and sentiments from my stash. I think that's called a curtain fold.  The other I've used Brusho's on water colour paper then when dried splattered some clear Wink of Stella on it to get the sparkly bits, simple sentiment from another Sale-a-Bration freebie called Heartfelt Blooms.

curtainfoldOrange1a

BrushoBackGround1a

There you have it, UFO's are most definintely real ROFL.


Well, on my crafting desk that's for sure!



Til next time,


Happy stamping, colouring and creating!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards Virginia. I saw the peacock stamp set and thought it would be something I wouldn't use but now I have seen what you have done with it, I love it! Some fabulous backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!