Meet Nibbles and Pip

17 November 2017

FF@F'ish ie Fabulous Fridays at 5'o'clock!

Welcome back to my new, and hopefully improved, blog site. 


This week has been rather interesting.  Firstly my one and only son, Benjamin, turn 26, yes 26. How did that happen? LOL, seems like only yesterday we were arguing over who's turn it was to use the computer.  He's grown into a lovely, handsome, responsible young man. If I do say so myself.  Can't wait to see him on the weekend!

15094410_10154734230700127_3264554543490784975_n

This week I'm revisiting a stamp set that has proved to be a big favourite since it's release a few years ago.  Sheltering Tree is a beautiful photopolymer set that has many uses.

Today, I've inked up the tree trunk/branch stamp firstly with Versamark then Early Expresso so I could then sprinkle embossing powder onto it straight away and heat emboss it.  By doing the Versamark first then the Early Expresso, you can get the embossing powder to stick.  I love how shiny the tree trunk and branches has come out.

stampedTree1a

Next I spritzed the whole piece of water colour card that I stamped so it was very saturated.  Taking my aqua painter brush I then dipped it into the lids of my various ink pads to pick up colour and let it splash onto the water colour card.  With it being so wet, the colours bled into the card to make this lovely washed effect.

watercolouredBackground1

finishedcloseup1

I've used a fine tip journaling pen to draw around the outer edges to give a bit of a framed look and distressed up the edges using the blade of my little paper snips.  Mounted with tear and tape onto a basic black card base and there you have it, easy peasy!  Whilst I was photographing, a certain little furbaby wanted to see what was going on.  That's my little Miss Pip checking out the finished card this morning.

PipWantsIn1

finishedcard1

Hope you like this week’s creations, til next time,


Happy stamping, colouring and creating!



Shop now at : http://stampoutyourartwithvirginia.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!