Meet Nibbles and Pip

24 November 2017

FF@Five'ish!

FF@F'ishbuttonised copy

Welcome to my blog


and FF@5'ish. 


This week I've been playing with my BigShot machine, some dies and an embossing folder to make a quick and easy Christmas card.  I also hand dyed my own white seam binding ribbon too.  I buy the white seam binding in bulk and dye lengths of it as I need it.  I did a "how to" blog post quite a few years ago showing how I do it.  Leave me a comment below if you would like me to re-post that tutorial. It's so easy to do and you'll always have ribbon to go with any project.

dyingribbons1a

I stopped buying coloured ribbons and flowers long ago. I love that a little re-inker, some rubbing alcohol and a mini spritzer can give you the exact colour you are after for a project, any time of the day or night.  It's why I suggest to my customers, when purchasing ink pads, that they should also get the re-inker at the same time.  Re-inkers are not just for re-inking dry ink pads, that's for sure in my world ;-)

So for my card, using whisper white thick card stock cut down to a folded card base, I ran the front side of it through my Bigshot machine with it inside the embossing folder "Seaside" which is on page 210 of the current Annual Stampin Up Catalogue.  I then cut out using the

Using the thinlits die set "Swirly Scribbles" (page 216, annual catalogue) and gold foil card, I've cut out a little bird's nest, adhered it to the front of the card towards the top  with Tombo Multi purpose liquid glue (it's the best).  I grabbed a little wooden bird from my huge stash of embelishments (not sure the brand, could have been Prima) and glued it to the top right hand side of the gold wreath.  Here and there I've stuck some glitter dots and rhinestones.  I've added a bow made from my hand dyed silk seam binding. I dyed it Real Red.   My sentiment is from the  Cookie Cutter Christmas photopolymer stamp set stamped in Old Olive, the edges sponged with Real Red ink then layered onto some gold foil card.  I've adhered to the card front with a strip of foam adhesive strip.  Sponged the out edges of the card with some Real Red ink and there you have it, done.  I'd say it only took me all up, once I'd settled on the design, 15 minutes to put together.  That included drying time to make sure the bow and little wooden birdie stuck well.

finishedCard1a

Hope you liked this week's project. Remember, if you want me to post the tutorial for how I dye my ribbons, leave me a comment and I'll get to it and post it asap.

Til next time,


Happy stamping, colouring and creating!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!