Meet Nibbles and Pip

08 January 2021

Fabulous Friday @ 5'o'clock'ish, 8Jan2021!

 Hello lovely people,

This is a quick post to say hello and hope you've all by now seen the new mini catalogue and Sale-A-Bration flyer.  So much gorgeousness to be seen in both and to buy!

I'm sharing a creation here that some fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators wanted to see.  This is an ink pad stand I handmade from chipboard quite a few years ago.  Let's face it, though we all love Stampin' Up! ink pads, we also do love other brands. In particular the Distress and Distress Oxide range by Tim Holtz.   This ink pad tower on my desk is affectionately referred to as the "Timmy Tower"  It has the square ink pads in it and a few other brands that don't fit in my nice modular Stampin' Up! storage shelves.  I've also put the "Timmy Tower' on a lazy suzanne turntable so I can swing it around easily.  It wasn't hard to make, just a bit time consuming.  

Make sure you use a good quality glue.  I've used XpressIt's TripleTac white glue that dries well and clear too. You need a lot so economically it's probably better value than using the Tombow Multi Purpose Glue from SU.  XpressIt's Triple Tac comes in a 250ml tub with a wide opening so you can dip a flat head paint brush into it easily and spread the clue well.

Remember the wooden pegs SU use to sell?  A bag of them came in handy too for holding all the sections together. You can use fold back clips but the pegs were handy so they got a work out.

I've used black gesso to paint the whole thing.  Mine is in two sections now days. The top are plain distress ink pads and I've decorated it with some DSP's I had back then.  The bottom section is just plain black. It was made separately because there was no such thing as Distress Oxide ink pads when I made the first set.  They sit on top of each other well with out having to have been glued together. 

Here is a link to instructions/measurements to make it. You'll need to contact me to get the password as it is in my private Dropbox account. You can either private message me for the password or send me your email addy and I'll email it to you.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/l9k6lesd8xqjiz1xax0df/DistressInkPadHolderInstructions2021updated.docx?dl=0&rlkey=kw0kwj4dib9kymvoh2n2bjstm

 Please go to my Facebook business page here to contact me...

https://www.facebook.com/StampOutYourArtWithVirginia

Please do not hesitate to leave comments below.  This is a bit time consuming but well worth it.  Don't be tempted to put ink pads into it as soon as it's dry. Give it at least 48hours drying time before you do. I made one for my Stampin' Up! ink pads before I had the official turn table one SU put out and I filled it with my ink pads straight away.  It kind of warped as you may see by these photos...


Thanks for stopping by, til next time, remember
happy stamping colouring & creating!
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!