Meet Nibbles and Pip

29 January 2021

Fabulous Fridays @ 5'o'clock'ish, 29Jan2021!

 Well hello everyone.

I have been creating, I've just not been blogging. It's quite uncomfortable to sit out here at my computer desk when we'd had no air-conditioning for nearly a week and right in the midst of a heatwave too!  Thankfully it was repaired early last Saturday AND it's been raining on and off for a couple of days now too.

I hope you've all jumped into this new year of 2021 with a new perspective and new positivity. I know I have.   I had a heart check a couple of days ago and am pleased that my cardiologist has reduced a couple of medications.  I know I have to take most of them for the rest of my life but now my pacemaker is well and truly settled in to it's job, some of the meds needed adjusting, yay and go me!!!!

(This photo is copyrighted to a Ben Pearce)

Today I'm sharing with you a few different cards but one of them was a challenge from a friend who is also in my Stampin' Up! downline, Caroline Nathan!  Above is the photo I posted the other day on my Facebook page, no it's not mine but I loved it so much. We have these galahs gather in our front and back gardens regularly and they can be very comical to watch.

Now I know this stamped image isn't by Stampin' Up! but it was one a friend, Jane Clark used the other week so I thought 1) I'd get it out to use and 2) I'd take Caroline up on her colour challenge.

I've used Tuxedo Black to stamp this little bear image then have coloured it using Stampin' Blends alcohol ink markers.  Quite bright and striking I do believe.  Yes the hot pink background is all Blend marker (Magenta Madness).  I've layered on to basic black then basic grey then smokey slate card stocks. I've hand dyed my white seam binding using the Magenta Madness re-inker too. The rhinestones have been coloured over using a smokey slate Blend and my sentiment comes from the stamp set Art Gallery.   

That little bear stamp is by a company that I don't think exists any more, Stamp It, Perth, Western Australia.  It was very popular back in the day. I've looked them up and seems they closed down in Perth back in about 2016, were ment to start up their art stamps again under new management in Brisbane QLD but as yet there are only custom made business stamps available. Such a shame as I have a lot of this company's wood mounted stamps in my huge collection.  Oh well, at least I have them for ever.

Next is a trio of cards I created by making a stencil out of card stock and a stitched edge rectangle die.  I love, if you can see it up close, that my blending went through the stitched border!.  I have used the new Stampin' Up! Blending brushes that come in a packet of three.  

 

TIP: You don't need to have a different blending brush for every colour. I've used a microfibre cloth between colours, buffing off the ink excess, and didn't have any colour transfer at all.  You can wash these brushes but it's a good idea to let them dry over night if you do.


I love how these three cards came out. Our new Stampin' Blending brushes are brilliant!!

This last photo is to show you that although I may not share as much on here, over on my Facebook page found here: https://www.facebook.com/StampOutYourArtWithVirginia   You'll see a lot more of my creations as I make them, or even on my Instagram and Pinterest pages too! 

So until next time, remember,
happy stamping, colouring & creating too!!!!
 


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Virginia, the challenge card came up a treat! Looks so good.
    And your blending cards look great. You certainly have been busy. That is some inspiration there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caroline, I was very happy with it. That little bear stamp must be about 20yrs old now days. I'll never part with it. Blends are fabulous to colour in backgrounds that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!