Meet Nibbles and Pip

15 January 2021

Fabulous Fridays @ 5'o'clock'ish, 15 Jan 2021!

Welcome to a slightly different FF@5'ish post.  

This afternoon I'm taking a walk down memory lane.  This was prompted by a comment my stampin' up! upline made this afternoon.  It made me go and fish out this A4 art journal I have along with the huge D ring scrap booking album full of project challenges.  It was a year long challenge back in 2009. I was a design team member of a now defunct online scrap booking store/forum. 

Each of us design team members were given different weeks of the year and we kept that challenge going for 52 weeks.  I was so proud of myself for talking part AND completing every single week's challenge, all 52 of them  Here are some photos of my work. I decided to keep a journal about the 52 weeks with photos and print outs of all the challenges.  It's something I love to get out now and then.  It's also something to show that yes, I do scrapbook now and then still.  I was quite prolific back then but since the introduction to both pocket page (project life) styled albums and digital scrapbooking, I've not done so many physical pages. One of the week's challenges was to make a journal about this year long challenge

I do find it hard to handle large 12 x 12 pages these days as well so I am sticking to 8 x 6 albums now and they suit me just fine.  I'm currently part way through making an album of my son's wedding.  I know, they've been married a year & a bit now but we can't rush these things  can we. Also, I didn't find any patterned papers that really fit the wedding's theme until last year's  holiday catalogue came out and I bought the halloween products.  Not a fan of halloween but oh my goodness, the papers were perfect to use for a Harry Potter themed wedding album, yay me!!

So here is the front cover of my art journal, as you can see it was called "52 week Pick-Up". This journal is full of printouts of all the week's challenges and samples, many include the instructions/how to techniques as well. It's a fabulous resource even today!  Looking back over some of the scrapped pages I've done sure has been lovely.

 Here are some of the challenge pages





 And here's some photos of the finished challenges.  There were page layouts which had to include 'found' objects, do not use patterned paper, card challenges, off the page items like a wall hanging too. This double page layout of my son as a teen is a favourite for sure!  It also won me an amazing prize back then as well.  He took the photos himself, clever lad!
 
And how could I not create & share a layout of the Sydney Swans!  We've been members for 18+ years, same seats all that time at the SCG! These are my own photos taken at games and we had to use 'found objects so I've used old brochures and a member card too.
Of course I had to do a layout of Donny Osmond. Within the space of a few years, I finally got to meet him in person, see him live and then see his whole family live in concert and meet them too, 2009, what a year that was!
Of course there were a few card challenges as well. These two are some of my favourite creations.  House Mouse stamps and PSX stamps are still used today though as I'm a Stampin Up Demonstrator, not as much as they use to be.  I must get them out again ;-)
My son Benjamin has always been a great source of inspiration to scrap and journal. In his last 2 years at school he and his mates had a bit of a band going.  This was a layout to spotlight just one in a group photo. I used photoshop to create a black & white photo, layered it over the top of the coloured photo one then erased that black and white photo just where my son was showing. Makes him stand out well I do believe.
And of course another swan's layout. I've used a membership post card and a photo I took myself of Adam Goods & Barry Hall. Oh those were some amazing games to be at!!

  So I think this post has been long enough. Thanks for stopping by.  Wish us luck that our air conditioning will be repaired or even replaced by this time next week, it's a sweat box here in the hovel right now.

Til next time, remember,

happy stamping colouring & creating!



 


5 comments:

  1. This is so awesome!! I love it!! Such a wealth of knowledge you are. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naw thanks Kylie. And double thanks for the prompt this afternoon to get these off the shelf and talking about them too x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh that is a huge effort in making the book but no doubt so wonderful to sit and enjoy now. Good on you for doing it. And yes those Swans games you generously took us to are fixed in our memories as precious and happy moments. They were when the swans were at there best with Paul Roos as coach. RIP Paul Roos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh that is a huge effort in making the book but no doubt so wonderful to sit and enjoy now. Good on you for doing it. And yes those Swans games you generously took us to are fixed in our memories as precious and happy moments. They were when the swans were at there best with Paul Roos as coach. RIP Paul Roos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Caroline, yes, those days of the Swans with big bad Barry Hall and Roosey as coach certainly were memorable. We've had some with John Longmire & Buddy Franklin but yeah, it's not the same these days.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!