Meet Nibbles and Pip

12 September 2019

Thursdays Thoughts, 12-Sept-2019!

ThursdaysThoughtsJune2019b

It's been a funny few weeks, I don't know where the time is going but it sure is flying by. So much so my poor blog has been a little neglected.  But family comes first so the saying goes. And that's my priority currently.  And yes, a lot of driving has been done.  Sadly I'm kind of feeling a bit shell shocked at the moment.  I'm grateful for my bible study group and leader and our new church family because that's what is getting me through these busiest and most emotional of times.

This article came up on my FB newsfeed this morning and I found it very very helpful and thoughtful too. Maybe it could help one of you who are reading this sometime or even right now. It's a very good Ted article on grieving the people we've loved and lost.

https://ideas.ted.com/grieving-the-people-weve-loved-and-lost/?utm_campaign=social&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_content=ideas-blog&utm_term=humanities&fbclid=IwAR2YS4ZwH6AkCu8-_TqOnpSuYIpY1eIl5qsyGtFHBCE7Ps0qBV3P4Niuhjg&fbclid=IwAR1KNydbl_487RZ-PSAZbY_hZe8ivBMRqi0F0TSuylXPgWQy3DhVy7HQs1Q

All kinds of emotions are happening right now within me.  Happiness coz my son's wedding is getting closer, more happiness that I can help in small ways with my grandson's birthday party too.  Aiden was 4 yesterday. I didn't get to see him whilst I was up on the central coast again. However hubby and I will be up there on Saturday morning for his Star Wars themed birthday party.  Can you say 'Pin the Lightsaber on Luke Skywalker" game?  Yeah I made one for Aiden, can't wait to see the kids play with it



Making memories we all are, because we know that there's going to be a fair bit of sadness heading our way. We don't know when, we just know it's coming, and possibly within the next 12 months or so.  That's just about when hubby and I are also gearing up to move out of Sydney.  My father and I have had quite a few deep and meaningfuls this last few weeks.  He's told me to not change the dream Herbie & I have of moving to where the weather will be kinder to me in particular.   Yes, summer is coming and lupus/fibromyaldia is threatening to hit big time.  It's been horrible even during winter this year, sigh.

So that's some thoughts I've had this Thursday, the day after the anniversary of the 9/11 World Trade Centre terrorist attacks.  I watched a doco on SBS Viceland last night on it. Wasn't sure if I was in the right frame of mind but, yes, glad I watched it because no matter what a person's going through in life, and we are going through some mighty tough stuff right now, there's always those who have it tougher than us!

Byee for now, not sure there'll be a Fabulous Fridays @ 5'o'clock post tomorrow.  We shall see once I've finished catching up around our little Hampson's Hovel!

so til next time, remember

happy stamping, colouring & creating!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!