Meet Nibbles and Pip

29 May 2018

Oh how I've missed my brayer 28May2018

Good Monday afternoon to you all!


Did you see my photo earlier today on my Instagram page? (wirgie101)  


So what was I doing?  Well over the weekend as would want to happen when you live in a 'shoebox' you put things away then forget you did.  When looking for something else you find that said thing you put away probably 6yrs ago.  Wasn't I suprized because oh yes, when the new annual hits the airways on Friday, 1st June, yes this Friday, take a look at page 202. Bottom right hand side.  Uninked stamp pads can be a very handy thing.  I have many of the 1" un-inked inkspots (page 203 up the top centre) to make inkpads in the colours I don't have room to purchase the full sized pads for.  It's been some years since the multi coloured Kaleidacolor inkpads vanished from our catalogues but I do believe the blank ones coming in will be soooooooo popular.  You can make your own colour combinations, up to 5 colours on the one pad and yes.

PumpkinPatchMulticolourInkpadOld

This particular one was called 'Pumpkin Patch' . I has 5 different colours that blend together so well. Each colour pad even slides together so you've no gaps or slides apart so the ink colours don't blead into each other whilst being stored.  I couldn't believe how juicy this one still is!  You can see I've put a label to show what the colours would be today.  Multi coloured inkpads were so popular well over 10 years ago and I had a lot of them.  I can't wait to make my own combos once the blank ones are available too!   Here's what I created today.  I've used white gloss cardstock, stamped with Versamark ink & the skeleton leaves from the RIN (Rooted In Nature) stamp set that will be released Friday as well.  I covered the inked leaves with clear embossing powder and heat set them.

VersamarkEmbossed1

Once cooled, I inked up my trust Speedball brayer and starting just off th edge of the cardstock I ran it back and forth til all ink was off the brayer. I inked it up a couple of times and slightly turned my brayer so the colours well and truly blended together.  Once covered, I took a clean facial tissue and buffed up the card to remove the ink off the embossed leaves.

brayered1brayered1closeup

Edge with Black Berry Bliss ink pad, layered onto Blackberry Bliss card stock. The ribbon is new too. You can dye it as well or leave white as I have done.  My sentiment is from the same stamp set stamped and punched out with the Taylored tag punch.

finishedcard1closup

finishedcard1

Tip: if you want to layer your Taylored tag punch, punch out on a scrap piece of card stock then use the piece left like a stencil. Draw around it then using a ruler drawer around it again slightly larger . By doing that you can cut out multi layers like I've done using Blackberry Bliss, Gold foil and whisper white card scraps. 

Til next time,


happy stamping, colouring and creating! 


Product List








































No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!