Meet Nibbles and Pip

24 May 2018

Playing with Brushos and water...

The Threading Technique, Wirgie's way!


So there's been this video going around the internet/Facebook/Youtube that a lot of us crafty and arty people are fascinated with.  I've been wanting to try it for weeks.  One of my fellow Stampin Up team mates Missy did a bit of a demo on our team page showing how she played with this Thread Technique and re-inkers.   I decided to have a go today but I didn't use re-inkers, I used Brusho powders mixed with a little plain old tap water.

ClosedBrushoBox   openbrushobox.jpg

I've got these cute little pyrex type mini bowls I've had for many many years and use to the max when crafting. Nothing stains them, nothing sticks to them.  So I set my little work area and away I went.  I've made a video, yes little old me made one and it was fun.  Here's a few photos of my play, finished art journal pages and my stained fingers.  What would Wirgie's messy play be without totally trashed/stained fingers LOL  And below the photos is my video.  Hope you like it!  On Friday I will have completed cards to show you using what I've created today and ooooo maybe some new products too ;-)

stainedfingers1     2nddoublepageVHThreadTechMay2018

 

https://www.facebook.com/StampOutYourArtWithVirginia/videos/1187426911398504/

 

NOTE:  you may also notice I don't have push pins in the tops of my tubs of Brushos like lots have chosen to do.  I  did not do this because I don't have that much storage space and I needed to keep my box closed neatly and flat. What I did was get a tooth pick for each colour and wrapped each end with it's relevant colour in washi tape. I pick the Brusho powder up with the tooth pick and tap it onto/into what ever I'm using it for.  Works for me.

'til next time,


happy stamping, colouring and creating!


Product List








2 comments:

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!