Meet Nibbles and Pip

26 October 2018

Bit of this & a bit of that, 26Oct2018

Hello everyone. Happy Friday to you all!


This is a quick update for those following, about my father.   On Wednesday he had his first radiation treatment. My darling sweet son, Benjamin, took him there and back and is taking him again this afternoon for his 2nd session.  Dad called me yesterday afternoon and we had a long talk.  He said apart from feeling rather tired (which they warned would happen) he feels good.  He sounded a lot more calm than he's been in a few months. This photo was taken a couple of years ago, before I 'lost the bob' hair style. It's an all time favourite photo of Dad and I.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, glasses and close-up

We talked about his feelings and how he's been a bit of a cranky pants to all those around him lately and he did say he was so sorry to me.  I wished I could have reached through the phone and hugged him on the spot.  I knew that was not my Daddy who was so very angry and annoyed with the world.  Prayers from both my church and my bible study group along with all of you  have been felt and he's coming to terms with his situation.  I live in hope that my father will acknowledge those prayers and accept that Jesus is watching over him and knows his struggles.

Dad's 2nd youngest brother, Dougie, is out from the UK and has been driving Dad's old car so Dad doesn't have to tax himself at this time.  My father is very independent so that's huge to let someone drive for him just to go to the supermarket.  Dad has 2 more sessions after today, Monday afternoon and Wednesday as well, then he'll have a follow up scan in a few months to see how the well treatment has gone.

So there you have it, thanks for your prayers and we are taking each day at a time.  Can you keep praying for John, my father, and my younger sister, Nicole, who is 'special needs' and lives with my father.  Given that she if she was diagnosed these days she'd probably be on the autism spectrum charts., she is such a strong woman dealing with my cranky Dad. I talked with her on Wednesday too, in depth, wow, how she can 'switch off' as she said makes me in awe of her. I couldn't live with my father day in, day out when he's like he has been.

So thank you everyone, if you read this far, you are champions.   Stay tuned for what I feel is a 'stunner' of a FF@F'o'clock'ish project this afternoon.  I'm actually impressed with myself at what came together after such a long lack of creational motivation.

See you then, and remember,


happy stamping, colouring & creating!






 

1 comment:

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!