Meet Nibbles and Pip

18 December 2017

Christmas 2017 Greetings!

Welcome back!


I hopefully you are all set for Christmas Day next Monday and don't have to try and battle any shops over the weekend.  Spare a thought for my son, Benjamin, he works in retail, admittedly it's home furnishings but still retail and usually crazy as this time of year.  Is this where I admit hubby & I have done almost no shopping?  I know, a first for me this year. I'm normally finished and all wrapped by 30th November.

This week I'm sharing with you some of my copic colourings . Most of my images start out as black and white digital images and I've done every bit of colouring myself.  Many people ask me where I get the "coloured" images from.  Well I can tell you, they are not coloured when I buy them in digital form, they are black and white.  I print them on quality white card stock then colour them myself with my lovely array of Copic alcohol ink markers and array of inkpads amongst my craft supplies. This was my copic carry bag a while back, it's totally crammed full now days. I think I'll have to get a 2nd one soon for all my re-inkers LOL.  (Yes, I also colour with pencils, artist and water colour ones, but that's for another post at another time)

My copics a few years ago

I've had a lot of years experience and was very blessed to have had my first 24 copic markers gifted to me by a dearly departed (RIP Clare) crafting friend who lived in the UK.  It was long before they took off here in Australia in the crafting community.   I put myself through 3 official training courses with Copic Australia. So I'm actually 'certified'  (yeah, my hubby would agree with that ROFL)  A certified Copic Designer that is with certificates and all.  My certificates sit proudly hanging at the side of my huge craft desk and hutch.

20171218_134134.jpgThere was a lot of blood sweat and tears went in to getting those certificates, whilst I was still working at my federal government position.  Happy to be fully retired from that kind of employment now days.

Below are some of my past creations and right at the bottom are a couple I've done for Christmas this year.  Hope you like them.  Want any advice on copic colouring?  I'm only a message away.

MICelfCopicColoured2013

20171024_142234.jpg

TeddyBoAndBeaApril2017a

20170715_163532.JPG

FourXLaLaLandBeeAndLadybug1a

img1511745502511

FinishedpairCopicColoured2017

Thanks for visiting,


see you again real soon and Merry Christmas!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!