Meet Nibbles and Pip

15 December 2017

FF@F'o'clock, final for 2017!

FF@F'ishbuttonised copy

To today marks a huge event in my crafting world.


Not only is this the last Fabulous Fridays at 5'o'Clock'ish


blog post for 2017


but it is my final one as a Stampin Up demonstrator!


Yes,  you read correctly, as of 5pm today I will no longer be a demonstrator.


Why you ask?  Well many reasons but the many couple are that I need a break. I need to step back and evaluate my creative life and I feel taking a break from being a demonstrator needs to be done.  Secondly, it is no secret that my hubby and I want to move away from Sydney. In fact out of New South Wales all together.  We are beginning to get quite serious about this so next year is going to see me making a lot more trips south to the out skirts of Melbourne to look at properties.

What does this mean for my blog?  Well as much as I can, I shall keep FF@F'ish going. I've loads of new Stampin Up products to show you and today's post is no exception. I have always loved the products and always loved sharing them with you all.  Rest assured, I will be coming back as a Demonstrator in the early new year so stay tuned for that date.

What have I created today?  It's a cute little thinking of you card I made for an online friend who recently lost one of her beloved furbabies.  I've used that cute cat punch (which is carrying over next year, yay!), and sponged it in the colours of little Gizmo (may she RIP).  I have punched out the leaves with the leaf punch that is in the current holiday catalogue too.  I've used hand died Chocolate chip ribbon across the bottom. The best part of all is my brick wall.

closup1

How did I do that?  Well the new Brushos colour crystals that will be out at the beginning of next year were used mixed with Embossing paste to get that colour ( I used the Gamboge, it's an orangy yellow in colour).  You don't use much of it and you need to work quickly as the Embossing paste does dry rather quickly.  I put a blob on my silicone mat and mixed it thoroughly before placing down my brick wall decorative mask (page 201 of the annual catalogue) and applying the paste with a palette knife.  Easy as hey! And see the background the card is sitting on? Gorgeous isn't it. I can tell you that is some new Designer Series patterned paper 12x12 that will be in the new Occasions catalogue. I just love it, all the gold on it, very striking!

finishedcard1

I hope that gives you more ideas on what you will be able to do with Brushos once they are on sale on 3rd January 2018!  I know I totally love them!

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you all and thanks for visiting. Can you leave me a few words, it's nice to know you were reading this!



Til next time, remember,


happy stamping, colouring and creating!

1 comment:

  1. Love the card Virginia, especially the 3D effect of the bricks! Gets the mind racing on using some of my stencils! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!