Meet Nibbles and Pip

26 November 2018

M.A.M.=Mondays are Marvelous!

MondaysAreMarvelousHeader1

Hello everyone!


Remember a while back I was talking about Colour Blocking and matching colours?


No? Well not to worry, today I'm going to talk about a little tool that many artists use and you can pick one up at most good art supply stores.  It's called the colour wheel.  Plus how you can make your own Colour Coach like Stampin' Up! use to have. The Colour Coach, sadly it isn't sold anymore. However, I still have mine and each year when the five new In Colours are released, I add to my Colour Coach.  It's really really handy that's for sure.  What I do is cut Whisper White card stock down to the same size as my Colour Coach swatches, punch a whole in one corner and add it to the larger hinged ring I've put mine on.  If you want to keep your version of the colour coach the same as the original Stampin' Up! one, you can get 6 cards cut from one A4 sheet of whisper white card stock.

This is my little colour wheel, it is about 20+ years old now....

 

[gallery ids="945,944" type="rectangular"]




Hint:  I note what the colour is and which year they are current. I've done this for 4 years now and earlier this year I also included the returning colours too!  You will get 6 cards cut the same size as the colour coach from an A4 sheets, this gives you one extra to note the Date/Year those In Colours are release. I also us a small stamp to stamp each colour. See my samples below.

 

[gallery ids="947,946" type="rectangular"]

Many people have asked me how I match up my colours.  To be honest I don't really know, I just do it.  There's an old saying "Blue and green should never be seen unless there's something in between. It rhymes, so it must be true—right? Wrong.  Blue and green can be absolutely gorgeous together.  So if you are not confident putting colours together, why don't you invest in a colour wheel. Better still, Make your own Colour Coach.  Don't forget you can also look through the annual Stampin' Up! Catalogue. My goodness, Stampin' Up! sure know how to put colours together. You only have to look at some of the outstanding examples through their catalogues.  AND don't forget, all the colour families are together from pages 182 to 187 inclusive.  Stampin' Up! have also made matching up card stock and ink colours  with Designer Series Papers easier too by having coordinating card stock packs right next to the paper packs on pages 188 through to 191 as well.

Here's photos of my added in, newer In Colours,


 

[gallery ids="949,950" type="rectangular"]




If you’re not confident about putting colors together,  you can make use of online colour wheels but honestly, there's nothing like making samples of your own and having them right there at your finger tips.  Some computer monitors have to be 'calibrated' to a fine 'T' to ensure you see true colours. If you don't know how to do that, then using HEX  codes and Pantone colour codings will go a long way to help you too.  Stamping' Up! recognized that many of us want to know the HEX colour codes for their colour families for when we are blogging. So earlier this year when they did the colour re-vamp, they gave us some very handy print outs to use.  I am sharing them below because they are brilliant.

Go to this link to download the current Stampin Up colours and their HEX codes:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/564ymkxa4g0et5e/02.13.18_COLOR-REVAMP_HEXVALUES_UKSP.pdf?dl=0 SUHexCodes2018a




Also, they gave us sheets we could print at home showing different colour combinations using the new and re-introduced colours too.  You can find them in pdf form at the following links

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r5qosz9pjx90so8/04.09.18_COLOR-REVAMP_COLOR-COACH_EN.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbkisgyt3xzl23l/04.09.18_COLOR-REVAMP_COLOR-COACH_INCOLORS_EN%20%281%29.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/clthz06fsp46gla/04.09.18_COLOR-REVAMP_COLOR-COACH_INCOLORS_EN.pdf?dl=0




These next links take you to blank sheets so you can add your own colour splodges to them

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gaml1078rp3fah/04.09.18_COLOR-REVAMP_COLOR-COACH_INCOLORS-BLANK_EN.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4p5zs071auuigmp/04.09.18_COLOR-REVAMP_COLOR-COACH-BLANK_EN.pdf?dl=0



Here's my little furry helper getting in on the action!


MyColourCoachHelper1




So, next time you are stuck trying to match up colours,


let Stampin' Up!'s great resources help you,


Til next time,


happy stamping, colouring & creating!






 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!