Meet Nibbles and Pip

27 November 2018

Tutu Tuesday Tutorial, 27th Nov2018

TutuTuesdayNewHeader3Nov2018

G'day everyone, welcome back to another Tutu Tuesday Tutorial.


How cute is this little Tutu!!!



Now today, I'm cheating a little bit because I spent the best part of a whole day trying to make a card like this but converting it to Australian measurements ie metric.

This youtube tutorial is the one that I found thanks to a lovely fellow demonstrator, Elizabeth Hyatt, who gave me one of these cards at the recent OnStage event in Melbourne.  Elizabeth credited her inspiration to 'stampintexas' so that's what I searched for and found!   Yes, Michelle Lark, I persisted and made one LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rln8IKiADL8




Below my photos I have listed Australian measurements for the one I made. You will also see that the Australian one is slightly taller than the one 'stampintexas' has made.

twocardscompared1

partfinished1

finishedclosed1

finishedopen1




I have not listed supplies used because as I had never made one of these before I used nearly all retired card stock and patterned paper.  I did however use a sentiment from a new stamp set coming in the Occasions catalogue, called Happiness Surrounds, it's a beautiful stamp set, you wait and see!   I did use Basic Black and Whisper White card stocks along with the Framelits die set called Stitched Shapes.

  • Base card tri-folded 21cm x 14.9cm, core at 5.25cm flip and score again at 5.25cm, use a bone folder to get crisp folds

  • Front panels, two of each 14cm x 4.5 plain card stock, 13.5cm x 4cm patterned paper

  • Inside centre panel White base - 15cm x 7.5cm, coloured layer 14.5cm x 7cm & patterned paper layer 14cm x 6.5cm

  • Circle cut out is 2nd largest circle from the Stitched Shapes framelits Note, run it through a few times so you get all three layers cut.

  • Pennant pieces x 2 for shutters 11xm x 7cm, score both pieces on one end at 1cm, measure in from each folded end 4cm then cut from other end's corners to that centre dot to make pennants.  Do not snip off the points of the pennants until you have checked they are correct inside the card.  Some needs to be snipped off so it folds properly.


NOTE: If you follow the youtube video you will see how this card goes together.  I think I'll make another to see how long it takes now I've got my measurements noted.    I hope you like this. Honestly, it isn't a card for make to beginners, there is a bit of measuring and you need to get the tri-fold correct and the pennants in the right position so you can see the sentiment inside.  In hindsight I'd stamp the base card with my sentiment rather than try and slot it in afterwards.  Plus I'd use the same colour card stock as the base card for the shutter pieces as well.




Til next time,


happy stamping, colouring and creating!







Product List






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!