Meet Nibbles and Pip

09 November 2018

FF@Fo'clock'ish, 9th Nov, 2018

newffatfoclocknov2018.jpg

Welcome back to another FF@F'o'clock. 


I hope you've been having a great week.


I know I have, I'm currently down in Melbourne, Victoria for the local OnStage event for Stampin'Up!'s 30th Birthday.  I hope to be able to share with you after Saturday's full day session some fabulous new products that will be coming in the Occasions catalouge that we will be previewing this weekend.  I'm gathering with hundreds of demonstrators, some I know well, some I've never met before.



My bestie, Maggie & I are going to have so much fun.  Tonight, as we will be staying in Melbourne city, we are going to take in the new Movie, Bohemian Rhapsody. Can't wait as Maggie & I are big fans of Queen.

Image result for bohemian rhapsody

Watch for posts via Instagram, you can find me by searching 'wirgie101' on there.  I've been trying to master my new'ish phone so yes, things will be lots of fun to share!

For today's FF@F'ish blog post I'm talking a bit more about colour, yes colour!  Did you know that this year's Pantone colour of the year is Ultra Violet. Check out that image for the Bohemian Rhapsody movie, yes look at that colour! Beautiful!

Formula Guide, Limited Edition Pantone Color of the Year 2018 Ultra Violet

( image copyright to Pantone® )


With Stampin' Up!® matching and mixing colours has never been easier.  Did you know they can work anything up to 2 years or more  ahead of time, watching colour trends and designs?  Yup, it's so true.  It's no secret how much I love colour, though I may not wear a lot of bright colours, I certainly love to see them, use them in creations and in my life.  Red is a favourite. My car is the most gorgeous red metallic (as was my last one) This Lancer I have is the most amazing red.  In the sun it glimmers and shines!  Seen my business card, email signatures and address labels? Yes, I wear red lipstick so that's why you may have noticed my plain black and white cards etc have that tiny little signature of red on them. I loved coming up with that.

NewDeskHeaderForFilmingOct2018a

So where am I going with this?  Well there's this amazing blank inkpad called a "Spectrum Pad" on page 202 of the current annual catalogue. Years ago Stampin'Up! use to have them already inked and available to purchase.  I love that this year, they brought out empty ones so we can all make our own colour combinations.  I've been hesitant to start using mine because I have so many colour combinations rolling around in the many files open in my brain.  So this week I decided to knuckle down, bite the bullet, extract the digit so to speak and make my first colour combo.  Below are the reinkers I've used listed in the product listing.  Enjoy, and yes, I've gone with a bit of an "Ultra Violet' theme!




[gallery ids="889,888" type="rectangular"]

NoteCardrPaperFFa5Nov9th2018




I labeled my inkpad with the colour I inked it with and made a sample strip to glue to the lid so I can see at a glance what colour scheme I created.  I'm looking forward to getting more of this spectrum inkpad and making up more colour combos!  I loved using my brayer, it's a very old favourite tool.  You can also use the sponge brayer that is on page 203 of the current Annual Catalolgue!

Here's what I created with the piece brayered using the water colour paper and sprinkled on watered down Frost White Shimmer Paint

finishedcloseup9Nov18FFaF

Finished1aNov9th2018FFaF




Til next time,


happy stamping, colouring & creating! 


Product List










































No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!