Meet Nibbles and Pip

29 October 2019

Tutu Tueday, 28 October 2019!

TutuTuesdayJune2019Floral1a

What Tuesdays without a Tutu? Boring!!  LOL, aren't these onces amazing and all made of paper!!


paperTutuesCropped1
Please note: I do not own copyright to this photo, it was pulled from a news article on paper art published, I think, in New York 2019!




Last week I was playing with pigment sprinkles so I thought why not show another way of using them!  I have taken some tiny cups I have 'recycled' from communion services at church to mix small amounts of Embossing Paste with the Pigment Sprinkles. I used old orange sticks to mix each colour because the pigments do stain the wood. You could use cheap tooth picks as well. I had a separate palette knife to spread each colour as well.


Note: once you have finished with each tool ie palette knives, masks, put them in to some warm soapy water to soak. The embossing paste can dry very quickly depending on the weather, so you don't want it to stick to your tools.

I did one tap of the sprinkles for each colour, very very small amount, and about a large peanut sized blob of embossing paste, a little goes a very long way.  I spread them both onto my polkadot mask asap.  Here are some photos of the process. Note the close up of the finished piece, you get like a suede effect!

GGBBdyedEmPaste2

GGBBdyedEmPaste1

SpreadOverMask1a


SpreadOverMaskBothColours1

CloseUpLooksLikeSuede1a

I will turn this background in to a card very soon!  Remember to put some grid paper down to protect your work area too!


Til next time, remember,


happy stamping colouring & creating!






Product List
























 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!