Meet Nibbles and Pip

25 October 2019

Thursday Thoughts, 24 October 2019!

ThursdaysThoughtsJune2019b

I didn't know what I was going to share with you all today but after just receiving a very very sad text message this afternoon, I'm going to share a bit of grief and happiness too! 


I have a dear, dear friend who is currently in Argentina.  Her older brother was diagnosed with cancer only in the last few months and had to undergo major surgery.  Not only did he have to suffer that, he got an infection and was rushed back in to surgery because his intestines burst (so I've been advised).

He's been on life support and in intensive care for weeks.  Today, he went to meet his Lord and Saviour.  I am crying as I type this because I can't hug my friend, I can't share her grief as she is so far away.  She will have family around her as she is from Argentina but her husband and 2 daughters had to stay here in Sydney.  This is my dear friend who is involved with Operation Christmas Child and Samaritans Purse, a Christian charity and organisation her husband has worked for for many years.

I am so thankful that Marian was able to get back to Argentina at a moment's notice.  I am so thankful, though it's been tough on her, that through the generosity of other Christians, her airfare was paid for to get her there in time to be with Gerardo, her only and older brother.

I am also thankful and happy I was online this morning to see a post go up for Operation Christmas Child and I made a comment.  I didn't expect anything of it but I have won a very cute cuddly toy Llama for making my comment.


No photo description available.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting

If you do nothing else this week, please support this most worthy of causes.  You could be the difference in a child's life that can have a domino effect for their whole family, even their whole village!



Do it for the kids!!!!






Rest in peace dear Gerardo, I never met you but talked so many times with Marian about you over he years.  May you be out of pain and suffering.

This is a few years old this photo but it shows Marian and I having fun with nail products one day after our bible study group finished.  It's the first photo I could find in a hurry, of us together, yeah before I went super short haired and lost the 'bob' cut ;-) .


Can't wait to hug you again & be there for you Marian, my dear friend and sister in Christ.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!