Meet Nibbles and Pip

01 October 2019

Tutu Tuesday, 1st October 2019!

TutuTuesdayJune2019Floral1a

Tuesday, yes it's Tuesday and the Tutus are back!


How gorgeous can tutus be?  I see them and they give me such smiles, good feels & even inspiration!


WhitePeacockColourDress1

Today I have challenged myself to create using the gorgeous colours within this beautiful dress. Whisper White, Seaside Spray, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, & Blackberry Bliss all come to mind when I looked at this beautiful image!  So let's see what I have done...

Tip:  instead of using daubers, I used Stampin' sponges. They come in a packet of three. One can be cut into 8 wedges as you'll see in the first of my photos.  I punched out a 1.5" circle out of scrap card stock, folded it in half, wrote on the name of each ink colour then stapled one around each sponge wedge. Made holding them a lot easier and less mess! And can I say, this is the first time I've ever used Stampin' Sponges! I kid you not!  I've had this packet of three in my drawers for maybe seven years, eek!


spongesx8 copy

firstfrostEmbossPowder1

I stamped the flower sprigs in versamark then sprinkled white embossing powder and heated with my heat tool. Do use an embossing buddy prior to stamping, this will stop any stray little specks showing up on your embossed project.

sponging1a

sponging1b

After each colour was added I gently buffed with a clean tissue so I didn't get inks bleeding into the wrong areas.

finishedcardCloseUp1a

I added some pretty sequins and stamped my sentiment from the same stamp set in Blackberry Bliss. I also used the small sprig of flowers from this First Frost stamp set to decorate inside my card and on my envelope too.

finishedcard1a

Thank you for stopping by today and for baring with me as I worked my way through this creative slump.  It really is a 'therapy' to be able to create when life's craziness creeps in and takes me away from my passion of all things paper!



Til next time, remember


happy stamping, colouring & creating!






Product List














































 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!