Meet Nibbles and Pip

10 October 2019

Thursday Thoughts revisited! 10th October 2019

This is another repeat of a post from 14th March 2019.  As you may have guessed, although I'm not that new to Wordpress anymore, some things can still baffle me and I found this post got saved as a page instead of a post too.  Like this week's Monday Musing had.  Glad I figured it out and am rectifying this.






ThursdaysThoughtsJune2019b

Well that's rather interesting to wake up to.  Both Facebook and Instagram are down, crashed, not working. LOL I have to laugh because Facebook can be my biggest time waster, are you like that?


Anywhoo, I thought of a new post theme, Thursday's Thoughts so I'm running with it this morning.

I have to say, there have been so many thoughts running through both mine and my dear hubby's heads a lot lately.  Something that has almost 'engulfed' us these last 2 years is the horrible saga about our beautiful Jacaranda tree.  You may recall me talking about the neighbour who was insisting that we have it removed completely before he would agree to a new fence.  All this has seen us end up being taken to the Australian Land & Environment Court back in early February.

March2019OurJacaranda1a

I am so very happy and relieved to say that we won the court case and not only do we keep our tree, the neighbour has been given a deadline of 14 days to get 2 quotes to have the small section of his drive ground down level, not replaced as he has been insisting.  He then has 90 days to get the work done. Should he fail to meet those deadlines, we do not have to pay one cent towards the 50% cost of the grinding. PLUS, he can't contest or dispute the findings, they are final and can no longer claim anything from us again.   We are just about to find out from the fencing contractor when they start building our new fence.  What a huge relief.

The Judge also commented on how cruel the owner of next door had been towards my health conditions and the fact that when he came to our home and sat under our tree, see there in the photo, he witnessed first hand the whole of our little home in full shade from our Jacaranda.  The fact that I also had the best photo of the neighbour's driveway date stamped back in 2009 showing the drive way looking exactly as it is today, well, he said it was a no brainer, that the tree had not cause any further movement since then. NUFF SAID!

The judge also said that the complaint the neighbour was making about our cat enclosure were unfounded and had nothing to do with the tree and that the council did not have to be advised that we had it built as it was not a 'permanent' structure.  You can see it in the photo below our tree.

To say the Herbster and I are over the moon is an understatement.  So many of our friends have been praying for us and for a favourable outcome on this that we can't thank them and our Lord Jesus enough for looking out for us.

So that's my first Thursday Thoughts post. I'll leave you with a photo of a little fella who's been watching my computer screen as I've typed this.

NibblesMarch2019a

'Til next time. remember


 happy stamping colouring & creating!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!