Meet Nibbles and Pip

21 October 2019

Monday Musing, 21st October 2019

MondayMusingsJune2019A

Here we are again, where has the last week gone, blink and it's passed me by.  It's been a busy time of it. Had some huge highs and some very very low lows over the last 8 days or so.


Currently I'm waiting to hear from my sister as my dad's been taken to hospital again by ambulance earlier this morning.  (he was only taken last Tuesday night) This getting old malarkey and this cancer bullsh*t is enough to raise the old blood pressure to alarming rates some days. But I know I'll get through this, I usually do. Staying focused on the positive and getting more done around my little hovel.

It's funny, yesterday I got hubby to get some things down off the top of my huge craft desk.  Stuff is only put up there when I don't need it during my every day routines.  As far as I can tell, I've nothing left up there since yesterday, yes!  Now to get to the shelves  and hanging baskets and be 'ruthless'.

I have the biggest pile of brown packing paper that my Stampin' Up! orders use to come packed in.  It's going to help me save some money on bubble wrap at the moment that's for sure.  Yes, it was up on top of my craft desk's hutch. No way I could have reached it down by myself. As it was I had a 'domino effect' with some that hubby didn't get down.  Handy tool that long handled 'grabber' I've got ;-)

20191021_102808

Whilst hubby got one particular box down that I'd not opened in probably 10 years, I'm so glad he did.  I did a walk down memory lane from many different swaps I use to take part in from the late 1990's til I think about 2005 or 6 that box had stuff from.

My kitchen bench was all cattywampus for hours.  Now there's a word worth musing over. Here's what I found when I searched it's mean. It's now up there with my two favourite words "serendipity" and "extemporaneous" !


cattywampus  adjective






The definition of cattywampus, often spelled catawampus, is not lined up or not arranged correctly, or diagonally. An example of something cattywampus are the positions of the items on the top of a coffee table after a two year old has been playing with them and moving them around.



Man did we make some amazing things this box of gorgeous memories was telling me!  Check out photos of this creation!  Yes Louise Magetti, I've kept this all that time! I'm not sure of the date, but I think it goes back to either Stamping Top 50 or The Scrappers Stash days, or maybe even the old OzStampers yahoo group.  Yes, that long ago!

[gallery ids="1764,1765,1766" type="rectangular"]

And this funny card, which I can still chuckle about but I was being 'subtle' to my father, didn't help, he still got lung cancer and my Mum has been gone since January 2007! Both of them heavy smokers, sigh...

20191020_154037

Check out this gorgeous card, yes I do own the stamps so I can't be sure if I made this or it was in a swap, there's no writing or post it note inside to jog my memory. I love this bear, it came with a front & back.  I recon it's coming out again real soon! Ooo & I have some crown stamps as well ;-)

20191021_103927

20191021_103910

Whilst I potter around the house and await any further information on my father, I'll leave you with these gorgeous creations my Mum made, yes she was a very talented parchment crafter. These would have been created around 2003 to 2006.

[gallery ids="1770,1771,1772" type="rectangular"]

Til next time, remember


happy stamping, colouring & creating!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!