Meet Nibbles and Pip

26 April 2019

Thursday, ANZAC day, 25/4/2019

ThursdaysThoughtsMar2019a

Well hello there everyone!  Yes another 'break in transmission' but you know, life and family do come first.   I've so much swirling around in my head that I don't know where to start, so let's try....


Firstly, today in Australia and New Zealand is ANZAC Day where both our nations pause to remember all who were lost, survived, work with or have anything to do with our Australian and New Zealand armed forces. Soldiers, sailors, airman, ground crew, medics, nurses, voluntary forces, humanitarian aids in wartorn countries, there are many! Yes our two countries still have serving personnel in war zones.  No matter who or where, we will always remember, never forget.  LEST WE FORGET!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McCDWYgVyps

Though the Herbster and I don't get to any dawn services these days, we have been to our share when we were younger and first married.  Look at my hubby back then ready to march with the flag.  He's always looked pretty spesh in any of his uniforms ♥

2010-08-21_382010-08-21_39

Yes that IS Herbie in the middle, holding the white ensign, also known back then as CPOMTPHampson, Brian.  Yeah, Herbie is a nicname but don't call him Brian, only his Mum calls him Brian. Or me when I'm teasing him ☺




https://www.facebook.com/10dailyau/videos/322904535062409/

Okay so next, yes, there are loads of retiring Stampin' Up! items retiring but there are also sooo many new ones coming that yeah, it's making my head spin.  I will list in a "FOR SALE" album on my Facebook Business page (https://www.facebook.com/StampOutYourArtWithVirginia/ ) as soon as I can, what I will have for sale.

Image may contain: indoor

Just to let you know this is within Australia only so please do not be offended if I can't sell to you. Postage out of Australia is very very expensive these days and I'm sure where ever you are, you've got a good number of demonstrators you can call on/look up to find retired items you may have been looking for.  Amongst all that there are at least 150 stamp sets, some dating back to when SU first came to Australia and were wood mounted only.  There's also going to be ink pads, most with matching reinker too.  I may even have paper packs to sell.  It will all be AS IS.   Paper WILL be cut down #loveitchopit styled (Australian card front sizes) which will make postage easier (size can be an issue with 12 x 12 sheets) I can make 12"x12" (30cm x 30cm)  sheets to 6"x6" (15x15cm) sheets if you want. I don't always cut up all my designer series papers but for the sake of postage, yes, I must chop it!  I will allow people to visit and pick up but only at my time slot and only during business/office hours in Sydney Australia.   Don't know what #loveitchop is?  Please google it because it's amazing the empowerment this mindset can give you to stop you hoarding beautiful DSP.  Remember, you can't take it with you when you leave this world. You can't keep it for ever, it's ment to be used, it's ment to be created with. It is a consumable, so don't hoard it or you may be in for a shock at what can happen to paper stock when it's forgotten and your roof leaks.  Ask me how I know ;-)




But in my best 'Tim Shaw' impersonation voice, wait there is more............... (Aussies may remember the quote from TV ads years ago)

I've been back and forth all over the place lately that it's so good to 'hibernate' back at home and have a few pj days.  My father had his oncology check yesterday.  To say things are a little up in the air at the moment well, it's now an understatement.  He has developed some fluid on his lungs due to inflammation. Roland, his oncologist has said it could be nothing, just inflammation from the radiation treatment, especially where the scaring is.  However to be on the safe side, Dad's got to have some steroids for the next 4 weeks with a scan at the end of it and another appointment to see Roland on 29th May to see if the cancer has come back or it's just some thing starting with an 'N' that I can't recall what he called it. I keep thinking noduel, that'll do for a 'description' Any who, the oncologist doesn't wan to put through Daddy through a needle puncture to draw out some of the fluid. He's a very kind doctor. He's explained that it would achieve nothing because if it is still cancer cells there, Dad can't have any more radiation treatment anyway. Having the medication and going back in a month is much better to do in his humble opinion.  So yeah, we'll cross that bridge on 29th May won't we.

I'll finish for now, leaving you with the photo of the 'Benjamin Rose' as it's fondly referred to as.  It's a Mr Lincoln, bought when I found out I was pregnant with my only son. Daddy took it up the central coast and planted it up there and it was in full bloom the other morning!

Image may contain: plant, flower, outdoor and nature

Til, next time, remember


happy stamping, colouring & creating!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!