Meet Nibbles and Pip

05 July 2019

Fabulous Fridays @ 5'o'clock 5/7/2019!

FFat5OclockishJune2019a

Hello people,


and thanks for dropping by. Yes I've been able to get to my desk and create.  Whilst I had time to think about what today's post would be about, I did some cleaning and culling in one of the bedroom's cupboards and set of drawers. You know the spare room that use to be my son's that I stashed loads of crafting things in so my corner here at the Hovel was easier to manage?  Yeah those places. LOL 



Edited:  I forgot to mention these foil pieces have been cut out of the top of sealed coffee & chocolate powder tins. I use a sharp knife to go around the insides of the tins to take the foil seal out without 'stabbing' into it like hubby does.  Thanks Ellen Budden for the prompt. I'm sure others were wondering ;-)


I came across this ziplock bag and thought, "Crikey I've been hanging on to this for a while!"  Soooo I finally did what I wanted to do with some of them and I have my friend and fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Narelle Fasulo to thank.  Narelle prompted me to do 'Punch Art' because this is what I wanted to do all along with these saved bits of foil, but had forgotten about all the saving it!

FoilPunchedOut1a

FYI, punching out the foil is handy because it also gives your punches a bit of a sharpen whilst you are punching through the foil, bet some of you had forgotten that little snippet!


So, using the punches I've listed below in my product list, I made this really cute flower and punched out leaves and butterflies too. I placed them on my piercing mat and used the small ball end of the embossing stylus in my Take Your Pick tool and made the lines and dots on my foil punched out pieces. I used glue dots to adhere them to some Basic Black card stock that had been run through the Subtle 3d embossing folder. Wrapped around some fine silver thread, tied some in a knot then adhered the black layer to a whisper white note card.

FoilPunchedOutEmbossed1a

Quite effective I recon.  Only thing I'm a little disappointed with is that it's kind of lumpy bumpy and it won't fit into the envelopes that come with the Notecards.  Not to worry, I can make one or use the larger envelopes that are on pages 168 and 171 in the current annual catalogue!  Also, if you love Dimensionals (or 'Uppies' as some of my team call them) then don't waste those bits around the outer edge, they all come in handy, see...

dontwasteDimensionalBits1

So here's the completed creation, hubby even came & gave it the two thumbs up!

closeUpfinishedfoilpunched1

finishedFoilPunchedFlowerCard1a

I hope you like this idea.  Many years ago I met the most amazingly talented artist, designer & owner/creator of the stamp company 'My Stamps', Cathy Daulman. I've been to many classes Cathy use to give when she traveled around Australia/NZ. She even use to come visit at a stamping club I was a member of many moons ago before Stampin' Up! even opened in Australia.  I have dear Cathy to thank for getting me thinking about using house hold items and things that many would chuck out in the bin. Like these pieces of foil, along with clothing labels and all kinds of packaging! Oh and the best thing about Cathy, who is originally from Zimbabwe, is she has been living in Australia (outer Melbourne to be exact) for over 20yrs now!

So a big three cheers to Cathy, one of my biggest inspirations in the crafting world!


til next time, remember,


happy stamping, colouring & creating!






Product List








































 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!