Meet Nibbles and Pip

19 July 2019

Thursday's Thoughts, 18 July 2019!

ThursdaysThoughtsJune2019b

Hello my lovelies, nice of you stop by!


I've actually been outside in my garden today.  It's such nice sun shiny day I enjoyed being out there for an hour or two.  I had to stop coz I think I over did it but I was determined to do as much pruning to my lemon tree as I could reach.  Having a handy dandy new pruning saw was a great help, now to hide if from the Herbster so he doesn't 'borrow' it like he's done to some of my other tools ;-) ROFL.  The lemon tree trunk now has a pretty pink strip of ribbon tied around it where the last piece has to be sawn off.  Check out the photos!   I really did go to town on it but it's sustained so much damage and had such a lot of diseased sections, it had to be done and this is the time of year to do it.  Hubby won't be impressed when he gets home and sees the mess but he's contributed to the tree getting out of hand by not listening to where I needed it pruned in the first place. He knows how much I wanted that tree to be my height and not taller than the roof of the house, which it currently is. No more lemons banging on the side of the house waking me up on windy nights, yay!!!!

lemonbranches1 copy

whatsleft1a copy     abovethePinkbowtogo1 copy

How's a shorty like me ment to pick lemons if he keeps pruning the bottom and not the top?  I will have to let the neighbours know that the biggest bow, which over hangs their side, is coming down on the weekend as we will probably have to go over that side to remove the mess.  I was going over today but funny that.  They, yet again, have a hot water service team at the front house. I'm sure the owner put some dodgy cheap service in just over 2 yrs ago when they first moved in and didn't have any hot water at all.  He's a tight @rsed git!  Yet he can spend money on his huge sea going fishing boat, his massive 'mcmansion' , his 4wdrives and over seas holidays yet his tenants have to suffer shoddy workman ship and work arounds so he doesn't have to spend any money himself.  Ah karma, it can be so satisfying some days.

pippywatches1 copy

My Pippy was very interested in all the work I was doing, or trying to do.  I also had to reset the motion detector down that side of the house.  Hubby in his infinite wisdom, decided to try and turn off the alarm when the workmen were here last week.  Ah no, you just wait for the alarm to stop, it's only a matter of seconds and then you see on the base receiver which detector it was.  I went around and reset the lot, that was fun!  Kitties flying everywhere wondering where the alarm was coming from ROFL.

My thoughts today are wow, it's such a beautiful day outside, I loved being out there but I'm knackered now. I do need to go back out and make what I lopped off the lemon tree 'manageable' to put in the bin but yeah, run out of puff, sigh.  Time to do some creating for tomorrow's FF@F'o'clock'ish post. Hmmm wonder what Wirgie will do?  You'll have to pop back and see!

Til next time, remember


happy stamping, colouring & creating!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!