Meet Nibbles and Pip

23 July 2019

Tutu Tuesday, 23rdJuly2019!

TutuTuesdayJune2019Floral1a

Hi there, isn't this the most gorgeous Tutu styled gown!  Check it out on my Facebook page, I've given it the 'animation' treatment  ☺


Mori Lee Dress 91001




It's been a little while but I've got a tutorial for you today.  Many of you may have seen some large Magnolia flowers made using the new Hot Air Balloon punch (page 188 in the current annual catalogue). Well I don't have that punch and to be honest I may not be getting it for a while.  So I thought, hmmm, I recon I could use the Balloon Bouquet  punch that's carried over. It's on page 186!

For my lovely Magnolia flower I punched out 5 times using whisper white cardstock. You need 5 of the large balloon for the base layer and 4 of the smaller balloon for the top layer.  M centres I die cut out using the Magnolia Memory die set (page 194) along with some of the leaves from that die set too.

[gallery ids="1401,1400" type="rectangular"]

I sponged my flower petals with Petal Pink ink, the centres were cut out using a scrap of So Saffron, I sponged them with the matching ink too.  Using my bone folder I curled all of them ever so slightly.  I snipped off the little tab bits off the balloons then glued 5 of the large ones together. Once dried, I glued on the four smaller petals, off setting them.

layeredpetals1

Some leaves have been die cut out of Mossy Meadow card stock then glued to the back of the flower.I used dimensionals to attached my flower to the front of my layered base card.  That's some of the gorgeous Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper (page 165) and some Petal Pink card stock layered on to a Basic Black folded card base,. All sponged with Petal Pink ink too.  I've used a strip of the patterned paper on the inside of my finished card to tie it all in together.

finishedFlower2layeredpetals

closupFinishedFlowerCard1

I'm really happy how this flower came out as it's not as big as it could have been using the Hot Air Balloon punch.  My sentiment was cut out using the Stitched Rectangle dies.  It's stamped with Mossy Meadow and the sentiment also comes from the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set!

Finishedcard2a

finishedcard1a

Why don't you give it a go!  All products are listed and are linked directly to my online store too!


Til next time, remember


happy stamping, colouring & creating!






Product List














































 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!