Meet Nibbles and Pip

30 July 2019

Tutu Tuesday, 30thJuly2019!

TutuTuesdayJune2019Floral1a

Welcome back, happy Tutu Tuesday to you all! Check out this lovely photo!. Very pretty AND I've tried to colour match it to today's tutorial too! 



If you check my Facebook business page, Stamp Out Your Art With Virginia, this photo will be on there and animated too!


This colour scheme reminded me of a newsletter I received from Pantone®© last week, check out the colour palette they were talking about....

PantoneViewPointImageJuly2019a

What can you see there then?  I can see Purple Posy, Pacific Point, Mint Macaron, Pretty Peacock, Petal Pink, Mango Melody and Terracotta Tile!   How spot on are Stampin' Up! with their current colour pallets?  Pretty good hey?

Just a note here:  Regarding the availability of the Purple Posy ink pad and reinker. As of writing this, we do not have a confirmed date for when this new in-colour is likely to be available. Stampin'Up! are working really hard to get the product up to the standard you all expect from them.  Until such time, that particular ink pad colour and it's re-inker will remain unavailable. Stampin'Up! are deeply sorry this has happened, particularly with such a new colour.  Remember though, you can still buy it in A4 cardstock, in the 2019-2021 in colour Stampin Write markers pack and in the Stampin Blends pens!


This week I've chosen some of these colours to create a water colour background. Purple Posy has been substituted with Highland Heather. I've used some of the new Fluid 100 Watercolour Paper (page 169 in the annual catalogue) along with an aqua painter brush, a mini spritzer bottle full of water and reinkers.

watercolourPaperInkWashed1a

I saturated the watercolour card first by spritzing with plain water.  Next, I put a dot of each reinker into the lid of it's corresponding inkpad (if you don't use all the reinker it's fine left in the lid of your inkpad as long as it's not too runny).  I gave it a bit more water from my aqua painter brush and brushed each colour from lightest to darkest onto the water colour paper.  You will see it bleed into each colour as you add it. Not enough colour for your liking?  Add a bit more reinker.   This makes the piece of card stock very wet so I put some scrap cellophane underneath as I worked.   I used my heat gun to dry the piece, front and back, once I had the colouring how I wanted it.   If you want to you can lift up the piece and let the water run from side to side, top to bottom, it's all good!

watercolourPaperInkWashed1aDried

To complete my card I die cut out some butterflies and a nice floral flourish, wrapped a piece of the gorgeous Black Glittered Organdy ribbon (page 175 annual catalogue). I had the sentiment stamped already in my scraps basket so I'm sorry, can't for the life of me recall which stamp set that came from but it is punched using the Darling Label punch!  Layered onto Basic Black Card stock then onto a folded base card of Petal Pink.  I've also given the Petal Pink card edges a sponge with matching ink.

finishedcard2bCloseUp

finishedcard1a

Rather pretty if I do say so myself. Hmmm wonder who I'll send this too?


So til next time, remember,


happy stamping colouring & creating!






Product List




















































 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!