Meet Nibbles and Pip

01 February 2019

I know, it's Friday again! 1st Feb.2019!

Hi there,

Welcome back to Fabulous Fridays @ Five'o'clock!


NewFFatFoclockNov2018

I've been traveling up and down to my father's so much my poor blog has been a tad neglected lately.

Image may contain: text




Before I get to this amazing colour challenge I've done, a bit of an update on my father's health.   Yesterday he had to see his oncologist for the 2nd time since his radiation treatment.  This was the big one, the one where his scans would show if the lung cancer had gone, shrunk or grown.

I'm so very happy to say that there were no signs of cancer in his lung. All his oncologist could see was scarring from the radiation treatment.  What a way to start this year, it's the best news we could have hoped for.  Dad is very pleased indeedydoo!  Now he's had his pacemaker implanted and with this good news, he's raring to get on with his life.  He's even said by the middle of this year he will most certainly be looking to downsize. Find a smaller home/unit with no maintenance and closer to amenities.  Now that's something we are all pleased to hear.  He doesn't need that huge 4 bedroom house these days. It's so isolated and given what's gone on in the last few months he now realizes that something has to give. He's also said he has to think of my younger sister and what will happen when he eventually isn't around anymore.  Yay, all our 'badgering of him' has worked!

Also so two weekends ago was our son, Benjamin's engagement party.  It was so much fun and he and Kath are so very happy together.  He's a natural daddy to little Aiden too.  There will be wedding bells this year in the Hampson's Hovel, 30th November to be precise! Yay, can't wait.  Here's some photos from their engagement. Wasn't the cake gorgeous and it tasted every bit of gorgeousness too!

The engagement party was fancy dress with a 'horror' theme.  Ben & Kat were Morticia and Gomez Addams, too funny! And of course, Aiden had to be Spiderman ;-)

50649962_10157002202535421_1602504383205998592_o


My father made it there too, he was 'the Joker' LOL


50125816_10157002206700421_1440148443254226944_o

The cake topper said 'Til death do us part'. It was a Red Velvet cake.


[gallery ids="1052,1049" type="rectangular"]

I went as a witch and hubby as a dead convict LOL.


[gallery ids="1053,1054" type="rectangular"]

Many thanks to my friend Michelle for the loan of her witch's had, I had to rescue it from Aiden a few times, he was quite taken with it ;-)




Sooooooo today I've use the above colour combo from Colour INKspirations to create a rather colourful card.  All products used are listed with links directly to my store, at the bottom of this.  Wanting to be challenged?  Why not pop over to the Colour INKspirations Facebook page and see what challenges are listed.  There are usually two each month. You may recall I won the final challenge for 2018 too so look out for a blog post with my guest design team post on 13th February :-)

Image may contain: text




jan20191a

I love how this turned out.  To make the background I've used water colour paper, applied the 4 different ink pads directly to the paper by swiping it. I then spritz it with water and let it all run together. I heat set it to dry it fast then ran it through my bigshot with the Dot To Dot Textured Impressions embossing folder.   I've hand dyed my silk seam binding with Blackberry Bliss re-inker mixed with rubbing alcohol so it is permanent and fade resistant.   Stamped and die cut out the flowers, a little sentiment from the same stamp set, Dear Doily, and voila!  Hope you like it.

Til next time,


happy stamping, colouring & creating!






Product List
























1 comment:

  1. I love this with the background paper. So simple and yet just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!