Meet Nibbles and Pip

12 February 2019

Tutu Tuesday, 12th Feb, 2019!

TutuTuesdayNewHeaderDec2018jpg

Welcome everyone,


Ah Tutus!


What would Tuesdays be in Wirgie's world without a cute Tutu!


Beautiful Peach and Coral Halter Tutu Dress. Girls by ToodlooTutus




This week I have created something that I have completely CASE'd (Copy And Share Everything) from the current Annual catalogoue.  If you have a look on page 148 you will see a lovey card on the bottom right hand side that has used a tree stamp from the Lovely As A Tree stamp set.  This stamp set has to be one of my favourites and also happens to be probably the oldest design in the Annual catalogue too.  It's loved world wide and thousands have expressed joy that it is still current today!  How could you retire a stamp set this beautiful!  Stampin' Up! agrees ;-)

So what I've done is stamp my line of trees (it's all one stamp) using Soft Suede ink.  Then I've taken some white embossing paste with a palette knife and mixed it on my silicon mat with one drop of Flirty Flamingo reinker (see how I've tied that colour in with my Tutu?)   Next I got a dry paint brush, picked up the coloured embossing paste and dabbed it all over the trees.

CloseUpOfTrees1a

I didn't finish there. I got my heat tool and blasted the paste dry. By doing this, it puffed up the paste some what given the trees a more 3D look.  Quite effective don't you think?

For my background I have used water colour pencils scribbled on well, then my aqua painter brush and blended the pencil to make the background look washed on.  My sentiment is from a stamp set you could earn for free from the Sale-A-Bration flyer, called Home To Roost.  Remember, you can only earn this by purchasing products to the value of $90AU or more until the end of March 2019.

Tadah, this is my finished CASE'd card. I love how when I heat set the embossing paste it puffed it up more, brilliant effect, they look like cherry blossom trees in full bloom!

FinishedTreeCard1a




I've layered my finished top piece onto Grapefruit Grove card then onto a Night of Navy fold base card. You can see inside but I've also stamped the trees in Night of Navy to decorate it.  Some lovely Lemon Lime Twist Organdy ribbon (sorry it's now sold out that pack of ribbons), the sentiment in Night of Navy on Whisper white and all complete!

I hope you like this weeks little tutorial, I certainly had fun with the embossing paste!

NOTE:  Should your embossing paste become dried out (like mine had) spritz it well with water, allow to sit for a few minutes then use your spatula to mix and blend it in to reconstitute it.  I took some out of the tub, put it onto my silicon mat and mixed it on there. One drop only of reinker is all you'll need as well.

Til next time,


happy stamping, colouring & creating!






Product List














































 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me some comments, it's nice to you know you've visited!